March 6, 2006 Meeting Summary
1. Recommend that the MSHSAA Wrestling Championships be held at Mizzou Arena if possible, if not keep all four classes together in a facility large enough to place eight mats in the same viewing area with a minimum seating capacity of 10,000.
2. Recommend that the third and fifth place matches be scheduled at the same time.
3. Recommend amending the criteria used for seeding wrestlers in the district tournament to include a returning district champion or runner up at the same or adjacent weight class in the second criteria.
4. Recommend amending the criteria used for seeding wrestlers in the district tournament to include a new third item that would read, “A returning state champion or state place finisher in any weight class.” The remaining criteria would be renumbered.
* 5. Recommend that tournament administration may provide a common polo shirt for officials that would be worn at their tournament only. Any manufacturer’s logo/trademark/reference that appears on the shirt can be no more than 2 ¼ square inches with no dimension more than 2 ¼ inches and may appear no more than once on each shirt. No advertising is permitted. An American flag, not to exceed 2 by 3 inches, is optional and if worn will be placed on the right sleeve. The name of the tournament, not to exceed 4 square inches may be worn on the left chest. All official’s shirts shall be identical and of a single color. The MSHSAA patch shall be worn on the left sleeve of the shirt.
6. Recommended accepting the attached MSHSAA Weight Management Program for the 2006-07 school year as required by the NFHS Wrestling Rules.
All Others Approved