1. Went on record in support of the work of the MSHSAA Football Playoff System Study ad hoc Committee and their recommendation to expand the current playoff system to include the second place teams from each district and the other associated scheduling changes to accommodate the added round to the playoffs. (approved)
2. Recommend that the 8-Man finals be played at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis in conjunction with the 11-Man finals. (Denied)
3. Recommend that the 8-Man championship game be included in all literature and references to the “Show-Me-Bowl” to insure equity among all classes of football. (approved)
4. Recommend that the number of participant credentials for managers, statisticians, doctors, trainers, and filmers for each team qualifying for the finals at the Edward Jones Dome be increased from eight to twelve. (approved)
5. Recommend that the MSHSAA investigate the possibility of video streaming and/or televising all football championship games.
Amend: Recommend that the MSHSAA continue to investigate the possibility of video streaming and/or televising all football championship games. (Approved as amended)
6. Went on record in support of the current process of 11-Man classification that class 5 continue to be the class in which all schools over 320 are assigned. (approved)
7. Recommend that ball persons and all other sideline personnel (statisticians, water
persons, etc.) must be at least in 7th grade for safety reasons.
Amend: Recommend that it is required that ball persons and all other sideline personnel (statisticians, water persons, etc.) be at least in 7th grade for safety reasons during district and state tournament games and it is recommended for all other games also. (approved as amended)
8. Recommend that a point of emphasis be established at the 2007 MSHSAA Football Rules Meetings that pre-game taunting and desecration of team logos on the field be addressed and that officials shall penalize the team demonstrating such behavior as unsportsmanlike conduct assessed to the head coach. (approved)
(Board action in parentheses)